Please click on the pictures to enlarge them!

Freitag, 18. März 2011

JS-2 Stalin, Italeri, 1:72

I was on a business travel the last days. As always, I took a kit with me, this time even two. I started the new Airfix Bedford, but after building half of the kit I recognized that it is useful to paint it before going on. So I built kit two: The JS-2 Stalin from Italeri. Only 10 parts, fitting good, no Problem. It was a present from a seller on ebay. I bought a lot of stuff there and he gave this kit, combined with one sprue of Russian Soldiers as a gift. :-)











9 Kommentare:

  1. A good and robust model - the only defect is that you cannot adjust the gun where you want.
    Good luck with them Andreas!
    T.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Very nice model and looks really well made.

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Thanks! You´re right Thanos, the gun level is the big bad point here. I will try to cut of a part of the turret edges to bring the level down. I will keep you informed about the progress!

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Mork, its not as bad as the ISU-152. I swear that model has swallowed a year's supply of little blue pills. Good job on the JS.

    Dimitri

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Mork, the gun as mentioned sucks. Good luck for the realignment.

    Airfix Bedford.....Oh do show!

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Can't wait to see it painted mate.That gun does look more like an anti aircraft gun.

    Cheers Rich.

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. I've had a lot of success with fast-build kits by taking the gun mount and rigging up a system of pinholes so that I can wiggle the barrel up and down. See here for a bit more detail on how I did the same to a Revell Panzer III L kit: http://projectarnhem.blogspot.com/2010/06/first-day-of-good-sun.html

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. I never thought that this kit would bring so much response! Thanks for that. I started to work on the barrel and will show you the results in the next days. Thanks for your help and proposals!

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. Ah, but the simplest kits are the ones with the most room to show off :P

    AntwortenLöschen