Please click on the pictures to enlarge them!

Montag, 17. Mai 2010

Esci, Sd.Kfz. 251, Valentine

This weekend I´ve finished building two models. It took several months because sometimes I was bored of gluing models and preferred painting soldiers. But as I want to clean up my cellar I would like to finish all the models I´ve started in the last months. I wrote about this Sd.KfZ. 251 and it bugged me because so much went wrong. Now it needs a last grinding, paint and decals.
The Valentine is a nice kit with this interesting turret. It needs a lot of fillings before I can start the painting. Because I like to paint the turret inside it isn’t glued yet. I`ve got a nice white metal figure for this kit, so the hatches will be open.





Am Wochenende habe ich zwei Modelle zu Ende gebaut. Das hat einige Monate gedauert, aber ich hatte zwischenzeitlich keine Lust mehr und habe mich mehr um Figuren gekümmert. Aber ich will endlich Ordnung in meinem Keller schaffen und deshalb all die angefangenen Bausätze zu Ende bringen. Über das Sd.Kfz. 251 habe ich hier ja schon einiges geschrieben und es hat mich eine Menge nerven gekostet. Jetzt muss noch geschliffen und lackiert werden und natürlich fehlen noch die Decals.
Der Valentine ist ein netter Bausatz. Allerdings hat er einige Lücken, die noch verspachtelt werden müssen. Den Turm habe ich noch nicht oben zugeklebt, da ich die Innenseite noch lackieren möchte. Ich habe eine tolle Metallfigur als Kommandanten, deshalb lasse ich die Turmluke offen.

5 Kommentare:

  1. Always liked the Valentine.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Good persistent work, sometime you just have to keep going ... othertimes you hit a sweet spot :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Oh I have one of these in the pile, any hints on the Valentine?

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. never mada a valentine. Maybe its time

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Thank you all. I think it is a good modell but there are a lot of gaps to fill. I don`t know if it`s because this kit is 25 Years old and wasn`t storaged properly. But I like it nevertheless.

    AntwortenLöschen