Please click on the pictures to enlarge them!

Donnerstag, 10. Februar 2011

Panzer III, Italeri, 1:72, "Dirty Tracks Part I"

Last night I painted a few more Germans. But then I was eager to try my new pigments for the first time. I choose this Panzer III from Italeri (Fast assembly kit) because I have no use for it so it wouldn`t be  a great loss if something went wrong.

The Tank before dirtying the tracks. The Figure is from Caesar and still W.I.P.



Here the results: I use "Raw Umbra", mixed it with matt varnish and put it on the tracks.

I have to rework it but for the first attempt I`m satisfied. The right one will follow tonight!

2 Kommentare:

  1. This looks good mate. Don't write off the Panzer III, it was still in use around Normandy in 1944.

    "The 116.Panzer-Division "Windhunde" was formed on 28 March 1944 from remnants of the 16.Panzergrenadier-Division. In May, the division also absorbed the 179.Panzer-Division (Reserve) from Weimar (Wehrkreis IX), which had been deployed to the Laval area of western France in 1943.

    According to a report dated 8 June 1944 the 116th had three Pz.Kpf.Wg. IV kz., seven Pz.Kpf.Wg. III lg, three Pz.Kpf.Wg. III kz. six StuG III lg. and six 7,5 cm Pak (Sf).10 These vehicles were not included in the authorized organization for the division, and it was planned that some of them would be handed away. "

    (kz=short barrel lg=long barrel)

    Great work.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Thanks a lot, Paul. This is a very useful information!

    AntwortenLöschen